Fresh water pearl replacement ball
Product Code: PFBALL-14-4-CRP
- Main material : Cultured freshwater pearl
- Secondary material : None
- PVD Coating : None
- Gem type : None
- Threading : External
- Category : Parts
- Quantity Available: 10
Cultured Freshwater Pearls
Cultured Freshwater Pearls get their name from being cultured in freshwater lake or pond farms, with China and the United States are the main sources.
Nucleation is the surgical procedure to implant a foreign object into the oyster to activate the secretion process. This cultivation period takes years to produce pearls. Generally, 2-7 years in freshwater, depending on the host’s natural habitat. The longer the process of cultivation, the bigger the pearl size expected.
A slight variation of colour and shape it’s a sign of their individuality and naturally occurring. Their unique shapes and wide range of colors combined with their attractive prices and charming character, have made them a favorite among jewelry designers, shoppers and pearl connoisseurs alike.
How to Care for Cultured Freshwater Pearls
- After every wear, wipe any build up oil or other substances on pearls with a nonabrasive cloth.
- If your pearl is visibly stained, wipe it with a soft cloth dipped in a mixture of lukewarm water and mild soap. Do not submerge pearl in water as the collateral material attached to the pearl may not do well with the liquid solution.
- Dry pearl thoroughly before storing in flat, fabric-lined case to avoid scratching the soft pearl surface.
- Never clean pearls with steam or ultrasonic jewelry cleaner as it will likely damage the surface nacre of the pearl.